Autumn is officially in full swing. The leaves are falling, air is cooling down, and UGG boots are bound to make an appearance.
While this recipe may not activate the Pumpkin Spice cheat code, it’s sure not to disappoint. Breakfast is about to become your favorite meal of the day.
We give you: Apple-Maple French Toast.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 apples
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/2 maple syrup
- In a bowl or baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
- Add bread.
- Turn bread over until egg is absorbed.
- While bread is sitting, heat a large skillet to medium.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter, simmer until melted.
- Add apples, simmer until caramelized.
- Add water and cook until evaporated and apples are tender.
- Pour maple syrup and add a pinch of cinnamon.
- Simmer until combined.
- In another skillet, add the last tbsp. of butter.
- Put bread into skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Top with the apple-maple goodness.
Bonus! Get More Friends Because of Your French Toast. Eff Yeah, Toast.