- This event has passed.
Self-Portrait & Self-Image
November 9, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
“Art does not reproduce what we see. It makes us see.” -Paul Klee
– Create Two Unique Original Artworks
– Learn The Skill Of Portrait Painting
– See Yourself In A New Way
– Develop Your Artist’s Eye & Learn The Art Of Seeing
– Discover Your True Beauty
– Build Your Self-Esteem
– Have Fun
NO prior art experience required.
INSTRUCTOR: Dorit Brauer
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner
TUITION: $40 (due at time of registration) + EVENTBRITE FEE $4.28 (due at time of registration)
MATERIALS NEEDED Please bring the following materials with you:
– Oil pastels (a set of 12 or 24) e.g. http://www.artistcraftsman.com/van-gogh-oil-pastels
– Gamblin Solvent free fluid http://www.artistcraftsman.com/gamblin-solvent-free-fluid-medium
– 2 sheets of paper, e.g. Bristol 19 x 24, inches 100lb, 300 series
– Rag (a cotton cloth or kitchen towel to smudge the colors….)
– Classic clipboard 23 x 26 inches (optional, students can also use the table as painting surface)
Dorit Brauer studied painting and fine arts at the Avni Art Institute in Tel Aviv – Jaffo, Israel, from 1989 – 1993. Her paintings have been shown in solo and group exhibitions in Israel, Germany and the US. She is an artist, award-winning author, and the owner and founder of The Brauer Institute for Holistic Medicine. In 2016 Dorit received the Immigrant Entrepreneur Award from Global Pittsburgh in recognition of her achievements and enriching the Pittsburgh region with her talent and tenacity since her arrival in 1998.
For more information about The Artsmiths of Pittsburgh visit https://artsmithspgh.org/
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY:</strong> Our instructors require a minimum number of students to teach. In order to minimize cancellations that inconvenience our instructors and other students, class cancellations must be made at least 72 hours prior to the start of class. Students who comply with this requirement will receive a full refund. Students who do not comply will be subject to a $25 cancellation fee.