Skip cereal and try this airy oatmeal recipe that packs a flavorful punch without weighing you down.
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- 1 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¾ cup milk of your choice
- ¼ cup of pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Dried cranberries
- In a saucepan, combine oats and milk over medium heat
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, stirring on occasion until desired consistency is reached
- Stir in pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice
- Cook until heated through
- Serve with dried cranberries and a touch of cinnamon
Hints of pumpkin spice and cinnamon compliment the tartness of the dried cranberries for a delicious and light breakfast.